Welcome to our dedicated area reserved for our Teachers and Schools! In 2019, teacher participation in the workshops form part of the NESA accreditation through the NSW Department of Education. Orff Schulwerk Association through the Professional Teachers’ Council NSW- NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) as the endorsed provider of QTC Registered professional development for the maintenance of accreditation at Proficient, Highly Accomplished, and Lead levels. Completing the Moorambilla Skills Development Workshops will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. You’ll also find background information for any students attending Moorambilla Voices Residency camps:
- Important dates (camps, tours, performances)
- A typical day at camp
- Frequently asked questions
The Skills Workshops delivered this year by Moorambilla Voices are a wonderful opportunity for regional teachers to gain 2 hours of BOSTES accreditation.
Council NSW- NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) as the endorsed provider of QTC Registered professional development for the maintenance of accreditation at Proficient, Highly Accomplished, and Lead levels.
Completing the Moorambilla Skills Development Workshops will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
A total of 75 Moorambilla Skills Development Workshops are being held inviting 126 schools across 52 towns in the North West Region of NSW. You only need to attend ONE WORKSHOP.
the workshops are being held in the region between March. For the complete schedule click here: Moorambilla Tour Schedule 2019!
Take advantage of this opportunity:
- The course is in YOUR school in YOUR town – you do not have to travel anywhere! You only need to attend ONE WORKSHOP.
- It is only going to cost you $110 (including GST)
- The workshop is worth 2 hours accreditation at proficient level
- You get the opportunity to learn from Michelle Leonard, OAM
- You will receive a fun quiz to do to use with your class as a follow up teaching tool that will reinforce the learnings from the course
Michelle Leonard OAM is the founding artistic director and conductor of Moorambilla Voices Regional Children’s Choirs and the Leichhardt Espresso Chorus. Michelle is originally from Coonamble. Michelle is widely respected as an educator and is sought after as a choral clinician particularly on Australian repertoire.
As an outcome of attending the workshop, you will develop skills in:
• Vocal and physical warm ups – how to create an awareness of self, space and inner voice for the child and techniques for the teacher to effectively use non verbal communication strategies to support student participation, engagement and achievement in the classroom.
• Musical call and response activities of increasing complexity verbal and non verbal
• Simple part singing with the addition of body percussion to build focus and coordination
• Use of tonic Solfa to reinforce these melodies
• Rhythm notation to reinforce math’s fractions.
• Staff notation which will be utilised to create new melodies thus developing skills in sight singing and music literacy
• Learning of specially composed works written for Moorambilla Voices by well known Australian composers and its Artistic director who understand and are aware of how to assimilate the regions indigenous people’s stories and legends respectfully to create an opportunity for self expression;
• Observing how repertoire is developed/chosen that is appropriate to the age and stage of the students;
• Classroom management techniques in the classroom or large groups.
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page.